As it happened: PM Modi takes on Pakistan over Uri attack
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was speaking in Kozhikode on Saturday evening after arriving to take part in a BJP national council meeting.india Updated: Sep 24, 2016 20:06 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi targeted Pakistan on Saturday, saying there is only one country that exports terror to the entire world.
He said that terrorism is affecting India’s neighbours, including Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
“In the world when reports of terrorism come, then this news also follows that the terrorists came from that (neighbouring) country, or like Osama bin Laden, have found a hideout there.”
Here are the highlights of Modi’s speech:
- Pakistan’s rulers should know that the sacrifice of our 18 soldiers will not go to waste.
- A day will come when people of Pakistan will go against its own government to fight terrorism.
- India has been successful in isolating Pakistan and will intensify that effort so that you are completely isolated globally.
- Let’s fight against poverty, unemployment, illiteracy. Let’s see who wins first -- India or Pakistan.
- Ready to accept the challenge for a 1,000-year-long fight from Pakistan.
- India exports software, your (Pakistani) rulers export terrorism.
- I want to talk to the ‘awam’ of Pakistan today. I want to remind them that before 1947, you considered India your soil. I want to remind you about your ancestors... ask your rulers about how they are not able to handle PoK. They were not able to handle what is Bangladesh today. You are not able to handle Gilgit, Balochistan. Your rulers are misleading you over Kashmir.
- One incident claimed lives of 18 jawans, imagine what would have happened if all 17 bids had succeeded.
- In the recent months, terrorists from across the border tried to infiltrate into India 17 times. Security forces foiled their attempts.
- Terrorist should listen that India will never forget the killing of 18 soldiers.
- There’s anger in entire country post Uri attack. Eighteen of our soldiers sacrificed their life after our neighbour exported terrorists there.
- Terrorism is the enemy of humanity. Indian will not bow down before terrorism.
- Terrorists either ship out of that country to commit a crime or take shelter like Osama Bin Laden after the incident.
- One country is exporting terror everywhere in the world: Modi on Pakistan. Wherever terrorism is happening across Asia, the affected nations are blaming only one nation.
- Party workers in Kerala have not seen power, but they remain committed to ideology and work for the party.
- Our government is focused on the upliftment of poor, downtrodden people of our country.
- I dedicated my government to welfare of poor, this was inspired by Mahatma Gandhi and Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
- Mahatma Gandhi, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya and Ram Manohar Lohia were three great thinkers of the last century.
- Nobody took note of Jan Sangh 50 years back, but people voted BJP to power with full majority recently.
- When we think of Kerala, we think of God’s own country; it has an impression of purity and holiness.
- When I went to gulf countries, I said I wanted to meet Indians, particularly those from Kerala.
- I want to thank party workers for the grand welcome.