Modi firebombed poor with note ban: Highlights of Rahul Gandhi’s Jaunpur rally | india-news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 17, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Modi firebombed poor with note ban: Highlights of Rahul Gandhi’s Jaunpur rally

Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said on Monday that government’s demonetisation decision was not against corruption or black money but against the poor of the country.

india Updated: Dec 19, 2016 23:57 IST
Congress vice president addresses a rally in Jaunpur, UP.
Congress vice president addresses a rally in Jaunpur, UP.(ANI Photo)

Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said on Monday that government’s demonetisation decision was not against corruption or black money but against the poor of the country.

Addressing a rally in Uttar Pradesh’s Jaunpur, Gandhi said the Prime Minister firebombed the poor with note ban.

Below are the highlights of his speech:

•Congress party wants to wipe off corruption from India

•If NDA government passes any decision to root out corruption, we will support them but demonetisation decision was not against black money or corruption, it was against the poor people of the country

•Farmers asked 3 things from Modi - forgive debt, electricity bill and fix right prices for vegetables. He didn’t utter a word

•Modi insulted MNREGA. I want to tell him, India’s farmers don’t dig pits, they build the nation. You have insulted our farmers: Rahul in UP

•Today 60% of India’s wealth is with the richest 1% people of the country

•If you want to fight against black money, you must need to find out what it is

•All cash is not black money and all black money is not cash

•Majority of black money is stashed in foreign back accounts, real estate, gold

•PM Modi knows majority of the black money is with 1% people of this country and not the remaining 99%

•Govt of Switzerland has given the list of Swiss bank account holders to PM Modi; we asked the PM to name those account holders in Parliament. It’s been two and a half years but he hasn’t disclosed the names.

•PM Modi gave Rs 1,200 crore toffee to Vijay Mallya

• PM Modi is fooling the people of this country

•Modi had done fire bombing on poor people of the country with note ban

•Farmers don’t buy seeds through cheques and credit cards, they buy it using cash. PM Modi destroyed the lives of the farmers

•Prime Minister has hurt the poor and youth of this country; he has snatched employment from millions of youth

•Poor are begging after note ban

•Only 0.2% of total currency is counterfeit

•Every worker in the Congress party needs to tell the truth about demonetisation