Mother, daughter fall ill after eating snake with cabbage | india-news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 14, 2018-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Mother, daughter fall ill after eating snake with cabbage

They were rushed to the MY hospital by family members where their situation is said to be stable now.

india Updated: Jul 29, 2017 17:31 IST
HT Correspondent
A snake’s poison becomes dangerous when it mixes in blood and gets circulated, said a doctor.
A snake’s poison becomes dangerous when it mixes in blood and gets circulated, said a doctor.(File photo for representation)

A 36-year-old woman and her teenage daughter fell ill after they accidentally cooked and ate a baby snake along with cabbage in Indore.

Afzaan Imam and her daughter Aamna (15) said soon after consuming the vegetable on Thursday night, they felt queasy and started vomiting.

“I had cooked cabbage for dinner. After consuming some, I suddenly bit into something bitter and immediately felt unwell. My daughter also felt the same. When I checked the cabbage, I found a piece of snake inside,” Afzaan said.

They were rushed to the MY hospital by family members where their situation is said to be stable now, according to doctors.

“They just vomited a lot after being admitted,” an attending doctor said.

“A snake’s poison becomes dangerous when it mixes in blood and gets circulated. We will monitor the condition of both the patients for the next couple of days,” Dr Dharmendra Jhanwar of the medicine department at the hospital said.

He said Afzaan and Aamna are being subjected to various check-ups to ascertain if the consumption of the reptile has caused any damage to their body tissues.

(With agency inputs)