Advertisement

HindustanTimes Wed,17 Sep 2014

Mumbai blasts: Death toll rises to 26

PTI  Mumbai, July 30, 2011
First Published: 13:37 IST(30/7/2011) | Last Updated: 13:39 IST(30/7/2011)

Another victim of the July 13 serial blasts in the city succumbed to injuries at a hospital in Mumbai on Saturday, taking the toll in the terror attacks to 26.

Advertisement

Chandrakant Wankar (42), who was undergoing treatment at the Harkisandas hospital here died at 6.20am, police said.

He had sustained severe burn injuries at the Opera House blasts. Earlier this week, 48-year-old Vallab Gadia, who was wounded at the same site had passed away at the Saifee Hospital after being in a critical condition for two days.

Last Monday, Mankeshwar Vishwakarma, a carpenter by profession, succumbed to severe head injuries he had sustained during the blast at Kabootar Khana in Dadar.

Twenty-two people are undergoing treatment in JJ Hospital, with six persons still in critical condition. Of the 12 injured admitted in the Harkisandas Hospital, some are still critical, sources said.


Advertisement
more from Mumbai

Bandra-Worli sea link to get 80 new CCTVs in 60 days

The work order for the installation has already been issued, and a cost of Rs. 2 crore will be incurred on safety measures, including payment to 30 security guards and six ‘riders’ to monitor traffic, the affidavit said.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved