The Mumbai photojournalist who was gangraped in an abandoned mill in August fainted during a court examination on Thursday afternoon.
“The girl could not bear the pain of revisiting the entire sequence of events and out of trauma she fainted in the court,” said special public prosecutor Ujwal Nikam.
“However, she has so far in her deposition stood by her statement given before the investigating agency and magistrate. She also identified all the accused in the court,” Nikam added.
Nikam further said, “The girl has identified the video clip that the accused had shown her when she was being violated.”
The case was adjourned to Friday, when the survivor will again depose before the court.
The 22-year-old photojournalist was gangraped by five accused, including one minor, when she had gone to the deserted Shakti Mills compound in Mahalaxmi area on August 22 with a male colleague on an assignment. Four of the accused are being tried in the session’s court. The trial of the minor would be conducted before the Juvenile Justice Board.