Advertisement

HindustanTimes Tue,23 Sep 2014

Sanjay Dutt is strong man, has accepted SC decision: lawyer

PTI  Mumbai, March 21, 2013
First Published: 13:06 IST(21/3/2013) | Last Updated: 18:13 IST(21/3/2013)

Sanjay Dutt is a strong man and has accepted the punishment awarded by the Supreme Court "as it is", the actor's lawyer Satish Maneshinde said Thursday.

Advertisement

Maneshinde, who represented Dutt at the trial in the 1993 blasts case in the TADA court, said he had spoken to the actor who will have to undergo three-and-a-half more years in jail.

"Sanjay Dutt told me I have accepted the judgement as it is. I have accepted it," Maneshinde said quoting the actor.

The lawyer said though they will pursue the legal course available, "I man not sure what relief he can claim".

"But Sanjay Dutt will abide by the apex court's order of undergoing the sentence of three-and-a-half years in letter and spirit. Three-and-a-half-years is not a long period," he said.

"We have prepared him (for sentence) from the very beginning. Sanjay Dutt is a strong man and will fight for himself," Maneshinde said.

The actor remained closeted with his family at his penthouse in Pali Hill in suburban Bandra.

A battery of media persons was present outside the building for the actor's comments but he has not obliged them so far.


Advertisement
more from Mumbai

50 tonne gold smuggled into India in 10 days, 30% reached Mumbai

About 50 tonne gold has been smuggled into the country in the past 10 days, and subsequently pushed into the market to cater to a surge in demand for the precious metal in the festive season.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved