Nashik: 8-month-old boy dies after swallowing balloon | india-news | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 18, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Nashik: 8-month-old boy dies after swallowing balloon

The infant was playing in his house at Hanuman Nagar in Nashik on Thursday when he picked up the balloon lying on the floor and swallowed it.

india Updated: Aug 11, 2017 14:26 IST
The child started choking following which his parents rushed him to a private hospital.
The child started choking following which his parents rushed him to a private hospital. (Representative Photo)

An eight-month-old boy died of suffocation after swallowing a rubber balloon here, a police official said on Friday.

The infant was playing in his house at Hanuman Nagar in the city’s Cidco locality on Thursday when he picked up the balloon lying on the floor and swallowed it, an official at Ambad police station said.

The child started choking following which his parents rushed him to a private hospital. The authorities there suggested the boy’s father to shift him to the civil hospital where doctors declared him dead, he said.

After the child swallowed the balloon, it slipped into his wind pipe and he died of suffocation, Dr Anand Pawar, the medical officer of Nashik civil hospital, said.

The Ambad police registered a case of accidental death, the police official said.

The child’s father hails from Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh. He worked as a labourer in Nashik where he was staying with his family, he added.