One more person succumbed to injuries today taking the death toll to 12 in the deadly Delhi high court suitcase bomb blast, in which over 75 people were injured.
Police had got vital clues about the person who had sent an email claiming responsibility for the Delhi High Court blast after raids on a cyber cafe in Kishtwar in the state, officials said Thursday.
Another lead that had emerged about a car found in Faridabad has been discarded. The stolen Hyundai car was seen near the blast site yesterday as well as on previous blast day May 25 has been found, according to sources. The car was found and it's now at sector 56 police station, Faridabad. The car number is DLPCA 6034, chasis number: 020362, engine number: 020269. This car was stolen two years ago.
On questioning owners of the Global Internet Cafe in Kishtwar, about 230 km from here, investigators garnered some information about how the man looked.
"We have got some details about the physical features of the person. Police parties have been deputed to trace him," a senior police officer working on the investigations said.
No formal arrest had been made so far, he said.
The owners, Khajwa Mehmood Aziz and his brother Khalid Aziz, were being questioned and police were scanning the records of the cyber cafe and the people who visited it Wednesday.
Jammu and Kashmir Police had conducted raids after it became known that the email, purportedly by Harkat-ul Jehadi Islami, had been sent from a cyber cafe in Kishtwar.
The National Investigation Agency zeroed in on Global Internet Cafe at Malik Market in Kishtwar as the place from where the email was sent.
The Pakistan-based HuJI had sent the email to two television channels demanding that the hanging of 2001 parliament attack convict Afzal Guru be immediately repealed.
The records of mails and details of all those who sent it are being scanned, they added.
Twelve people were killed and 91 injured when a powerful bomb concealed in a briefcase exploded at a gate of the high court in New Delhi Wednesday morning.
A bomb went off at the busy Gate No. 5 of the Delhi high court. It killed 11 people and left 76 others injured. The bomb went off barely 300 metres away from the spot where a minor explosion had taken place on May 25, which was also a Wednesday.
Police officials now say it could have been a test run for this blast.
The blast was claimed by Harkat-ul Jihad Islami (HuJI) in an emailed statement which demanded that Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru be reprieved ffrom hanging or face attacks on other high courts and Supreme Court.
(With HTC, IANS inputs)