Advertisement

HindustanTimes Mon,22 Dec 2014

Delhi: Man dies of electric shock in ATM booth

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, August 02, 2014
First Published: 19:27 IST(2/8/2014) | Last Updated: 00:32 IST(3/8/2014)

A 35-year-old man was electrocuted at an ATM machine installed in a semi-urban northwest Delhi village on Saturday.

Advertisement

Shyamnath Pandey, a factory hand in west Delhi, suffered a fatal electric shock after unknowingly coming in contact with a wire hanging from an overhead electricity metre in the Holambi Kalan area around 12 pm.

The wire, a senior police officer said quoting preliminary investigation, was touching the metal façade of a rolling shutter installed outside the ATM booth. He is suspected to have been electrocuted almost immediately after touching the entry gate of the booth.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors confirmed that he was dead. A case of causing death due to negligence has been registered at the Shahbad Dairy police station.

“We are probing the incident and have written to several agencies suggesting that they initiate their own study of the spot to get to the bottom of the matter,” said Vikramjeet Singh, deputy commissioner of police (outer).

“Officials from the electricity and labour department have been contacted to ascertain the exact cause of electrocution,” DCP Singh added.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi

Learning to respect and protect women: Drivers attend gender sensitisation classes

About 300 drivers take the class every day in two shifts. In January this year, the government made this training mandatory — the auto drivers cannot receive the annual fitness certificate for their vehicles unless they go through this training in gender sensitisation.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved