A fire broke out in an IIT-Delhi campus building on Monday morning with fire department officials saying no one was injured in the blaze.
The fire broke out at around 11.25am in room number 421 on third floor of Block-5 in the campus. Fire officials confirmed it was not a hostel room.
The room from which the fire originated is attached to the chemistry laboratory. The blaze has still not been totally doused as some amount of gas leakage from the chemistry lab is igniting it.
"There was no blast in the chemistry lab and all the gas cylinders are intact. There is gas leakage from an unknown source which we are trying to stop at the earliest. The entire building has been evacuated and our rescue operation is still on," Atul Garg, deputy fire chief (south zone) told HT.
Five fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, only to prevent the blaze from spreading in other rooms on the floor of the high rise building.
"The blaze is under control and nobody was injured in it," said a senior official.