Two days after ten serial blasts rocked the Bodh Gaya temple town, Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh and senior leader Arun Jaitley visited the Mahabodhi temple on Tuesday.
The visit comes as the BJP leaders on Monday attacked Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar for failure to prevent the terror attack on the Mahabodhi temple.
"It is a serious issue that central agencies had warned about this attack and given specific inputs that Bodh Gaya would be attacked and still no proper arrangements were made by the state government," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
However, chief minister Nitish Kumar dismissed suggestions that there was any security lapse and said adequate precautionary measures were taken to beef up security at the Mahabodhi temple and the surrounding areas in the wake of intelligence inputs.
Kumar also said that those responsible for the terror strike in the temple town of Bodh Gaya would not be spared.
"This is the first incident of serial blasts in Bihar. All angles are being investigated," he said, adding, "We shouldn't speculate on who was responsible for the serial blasts. Let the National Investigation Agency (NIA) complete its probe and then the culprit will be brought to justice."
The chief minister further said that his government is mulling the creation of an anti-terror squad in Bihar.
The NIA has begun probing the serial blasts, which rocked the temple town of Bodh Gaya on Sunday.
As many as 13 bombs were planted inside the Mahabodhi temple complex, of which ten had exploded injuring two monks, home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said on Monday.
Security agencies suspect that Indian Mujahideen may be behind Sunday's multiple blasts. Although, no group has so far claimed responsibility for the blasts.
Meanwhile, the Home Ministry has directed all states to ensure foolproof security at Buddhist shrines and Tibetan settlements.