Advertisement

HindustanTimes Tue,29 Jul 2014

Rajnath rules out rethink on Modi as PM candidate

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, November 17, 2013
First Published: 00:20 IST(17/11/2013) | Last Updated: 09:26 IST(17/11/2013)

BJP president Rajnath Singh on Saturday firmly rejected the allegations of illegal snooping directed at its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, terming it as baseless, and ruled out any rethink on his nomination for the country’s top post.

Advertisement

“The more allegations the Congress makes, the stronger the BJP will emerge. Every attempt by the Congress to affect the polls will fail,” Singh said in Raipur, amid indications that the party was bracing up for more attacks from “friends” of the Congress.

Responding to telecom minister Kapil Sibal’s demand that the BJP rethink on its PM nominee, Singh said, “There’s no question of doing a rethink on our PM candidate. We had already said before that we apprehend that the dirty tricks wing of the Congress will make such allegations against Modi as the elections draw near.”

A day earlier, news portal ‘Cobrapost’  released an alleged tape conversation between Modi’s aide Amit Shah and Gujarat IPS officer GL Singhal, where Shah is allegedly featured as instructing Singhal to closely follow the movement of a woman.

Singh expressed surprise on how this tape — which was given to the CBI pertaining to Tulsi Prajapati murder case — could reach Corbapost from the CBI’s custody, adding that Cobrapost itself has not made any claims about the CD’s authenticity.


Advertisement
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved