Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sun,26 Oct 2014

Retired Army officers react on VK Singh's age row

Hindustan Times  New Delhi, January 16, 2012
First Published: 21:04 IST(16/1/2012) | Last Updated: 21:07 IST(16/1/2012)

Lt Gen Vijay Oberoi (retd), former Vice Chief of Army Staff, said: “I am glad that the Chief has approached the court. It is a matter of honour. It will help the Army as it shows he is a strong chief. The ministry of defence should have sorted it out in house. But they took it to media. You cannot play with Chief of Army Staff on technical grounds.”

Lt Gen Raj Kadyan (retd), former Vice Chief of Army Staff and Chairman, Indian Ex-servicemen Movement (IESM): “It is unfortunate and unprecedented. He should have resigned and then approached the court. As an individual, he has full justification in seeking justice for him, but it will damage the image of the Army.”

Maj Gen Rajender Nath (retd), a military historian: “I am very sad at the development. I sincerely wish it should have been avoided. Indian Army is the second biggest Army in the world and this sort of development does not bring good name. The General should have sorted it earlier in his career.”

Air Marshal RS Bedi (retd) said, “Both sides are wrong ( government and Chief of Army Staff). It is unfortunate. Chief should have resigned and then approach the court. We have done damage to the institution of the Chief. On the other hand, government bungled it. Matriculation certificate decides the date of birth in this country. The government and the bureaucrats are not understanding the sensitivity attached to the post of Chief of Army Staff."


Advertisement
more from India
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved