Telangana: Teacher electrocuted, 4 students hurt during I-Day preparations
The mishap occurred when the teacher and some students were removing an iron flag pole after fixing it, when it came in contact with the high tension wire above.Independence Day 2016 Updated: Aug 15, 2016 01:43 IST
A woman teacher of a primary school in Ranga Reddy district was electrocuted and four students suffered minor burns on Sunday after they came in contact with a high tension wire during Independence Day preparations, the police said.
The mishap occurred around 11am on the ground of Medikonda primary school under Chengomul police station limits in Ranga Reddy district, which encircles the Hyderabad district in Telangana.
According to police, K Prabhavati (40) and some students were removing an iron flag pole after fixing it, when it came in contact with the high tension wire above.
The four students were hospitalised, and their condition was stated as stable.
“The teacher was electrocuted while four students suffered minor burns and were shifted to Vikarababad town. Ahead of Independence Day celebrations tomorrow (on Monday) they were checking, fixing and removing of the flag pole,” Chevella circle police station inspector, J Upender told PTI over phone.
A case under section 174 of CrPc was registered in connection with the incident, the inspector added.