Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a ‘townhall’ style event on Saturday to reach out to citizens. Here’s everything you need to know about this first-of-its-kind outreach programme by the prime minister:
1. The event marks the two-year anniversary of MyGov — the government’s citizen-engagement platform
2. The townhall to be held at the Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex in New Delhi will be preceded by a series of panel discussions and sessions in keeping with the ‘Do, Discuss and Disseminate’
3. A new PMO app to enable mobile users to connect with the Prime Minister’s website will be launched at the mega event
4. The audience was selected from among the regular users of MyGov, based on their ideas, level of engagement, questions and suggestions, said MyGov chief executive Gaurav Dwivedi
5. The opening session at 10 am was anchored by IT minister Ravishankar Prasad and the sessions just before the Prime Minister speaks will feature finance minister Arun Jaitley among others
6. The Prime Minister will talk about the concept of citizen engagement, MyGov, the response to this participative governance initiative and how he sees the platform evolving
7. The townhall address will see the launch of new initiatives and distribution of awards to winners of MyGov contests
8. Fresh ideas to improve user experience and introduce new features for the platform will be invited. The panel for this session will include social media representatives, MyGov users, MPs who contributed to the platform, and senior officials of the ministry of electronics and IT, and NIC
9. The fourth and final session will focus on the #TransformingIndia website, eSampark portal and MyGov live events as the channel of government communication with citizens.
10. MyGov.in has 3.53 million registered users and 3.4 million comments on 590 discussion themes.
With PTI inputs