Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,22 Aug 2014

Two died of asphyxiation in Kashmir

UNI  Srinagar, January 27, 2013
First Published: 17:15 IST(27/1/2013) | Last Updated: 17:17 IST(27/1/2013)

Two brothers died of asphyxiation during sleep in Kulgam district of South Kashmir official sources said
on Sunday.

Advertisement

 

Abdul Aziz dar (70) and his younger brother Abdullah Dar (65) died after their room was filled with smoke due to overturning of 'Kangri' fire pot at village Wanpora, Qoimoh, 75 km from here, official sources said.

Kangri is a traditional firepot being used in Kashmir to beat the chill during winter.

Meanwhile, a 60-year-old unidentified person was found dead outside a hospital in Dalgate area of the city today. Police found the body outside Chest Disease hospital this morning the sources said, adding the person had apparently died of cold.
  
Police said proceedings are under process to ascertain the cause of his death.


Advertisement
more from India

JD(U) lawmaker, who proposed 'right to bribe', suspended

Rajiv Ranjan’s suspension comes exactly five days after he had told HT that corruption had pervaded public life in Bihar to such an extent that it would be best to legalise it.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved