At least two people, including a minor, were charred to death on Wednesday and another four injured when the raw materials used in preparation of crackers exploded in Kothapalli village here, police said.
G Nageshwara Rao, hailing from Anaparthi, had brought the raw material and stored it in a thatched shed in the village, circle inspector of Deverapalli Police Station Y Muali Rao said.
Around six to seven people were preparing the crackers when the raw materials exploded.
While two people - G Bujji (16) and K Rambabu (24) - died, four others sustained injuries, the officer said, adding that a short circuit could be the reason behind the explosion.
The injured were admitted to hospital here and investigations are underway, police said.