Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sat,30 Aug 2014

Ulfa claims responsibility for Guwahati blast

PTI  Guwahati, September 09, 2012
First Published: 18:33 IST(9/9/2012) | Last Updated: 18:36 IST(9/9/2012)

 The anti-talk faction of Ulfa today claimed responsibility for the Paltan Bazar blast in Guwahati in which a CRPF personnel was killed and 12 others injured on Saturday.

Advertisement

In an email to PTI, the Paresh Barua-led faction's publicity wing member Aranya 'Asom' said the outfit had officially taken responsibility for the blast.

It, however, regretted that innocent civilians were injured in the explosion.

"To avoid such injuries, we urge the people of Assam to maintain a considerable distance from uniformed persons in the future," the email said in a veiled threat that the outfit would continue with its subversive activities.

Chief minister Tarun Gogoi, who visited the spot today, said 50 persons had been picked up by the police for interrogation and efforts were on to pin the insurgency group responsible for the blast.


Advertisement
more from India

Another 'love jihad' case sparks protests in Jharkhand

Another case of 'love jihad' has surfaced in Jharkhand, this time in the Maoist-affected Chatra district. A Muslim youth impersonating as a Hindu has allegedly sexually exploited a minor Hindu girl over the last 10 months.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved