UP: Seven, including a child, electrocuted as live wire falls on bus
The dead included three women and a child. Three others were seriously injured and were admitted to Etah district hospital.india Updated: Sep 13, 2016 17:03 IST
Seven people were electrocuted on Tuesday when a high tension wire fell on a bus coming towards Mainpuri from Etah.
The dead included three women and a child. Three others were seriously injured and were admitted to Etah district hospital.
“The incident occurred at around 11.45 am when a UP roadways bus was moving on GT Road between Sainthia and Manpur villages,” said senior superintendent of police, Etah, Ajay Shankar Rai. The bus was on its way to Bewar from Delhi.
“The live wire fell on the running bus in which seven people got electrocuted. The deceased are yet to be identified,” the SSP said.
“The passengers tried to get down the bus and many jumped from the windows to save themselves. The bus was moving at a slow pace as the road was bad. Suddenly, the wire fell on the bus after which electric current ran through it,” said Mukesh Yadav, a passenger who escaped unhurt.