Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,27 Nov 2014

Will continue efforts for amicable solution: Ansari

PTI  Ayodhya, October 16, 2010
First Published: 18:00 IST(16/10/2010) | Last Updated: 18:03 IST(16/10/2010)

Undeterred by the All India Muslim Personal Law Board's decision to challenge the Ayodhya verdict in the Supreme Court, oldest litigant in the case Hashim Ansari on Satuday said that he will continue with his efforts for an out of court settlement.

Advertisement

"Though I am bound by the AIMPLB's decision, I will continue with my efforts to find an amicable solution to the Babri Masjid-Ram Janmbhoomi dispute," Ansari told reporters here.

The Board had already made it clear that it has not authorised Ansari to hold any negotiations. The 90-year-old litigant, however, said he would strive for a solution to the vexed issue through mutual talks.

"Those who want to move to the higher court are free to do so in the democracy, but we will continue with our efforts of negotiation.

"The best decision is the decision of brotherhood," Ansari said.


Advertisement
more from India

Sajad Lone in poll fray, separatist father-in-law describes Kashmir polls 'drama'

While son-in-law Sajad Lone, who heads Peoples Conference, is canvassing door-to-door for votes, Pakistan-based separatist father-in-law Amanullah Khan describes elections "a drama that every sane person can understand is being held under the barrel of gun".
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved