10 questions Indians want to ask PM Modi ahead of his first I-Day speech
Indians are curious about how and when Narendra Modi will deliver on the promises he made during his election campaigns. We asked our readers to share with us one question they want to ask the PM.india Updated: Aug 14, 2014 18:37 IST
Narendra Modi is all set to deliver his first-ever speech as the Prime Minister from the historical Red Fort in New Delhi on the 68th Independence Day on Friday.
The Modi government believes that it should inform the people about the initiatives and achievements of the government. By showcasing the achievements, Modi will want to assure the countrymen that his government is on the right track.
However, Indians are curious about how and when Modi will deliver on the promises he made during his election campaigns.
We asked our readers to share with us one question they want to ask PM Modi ahead of his speech.
Here are the top ten questions from the people who responded:
1. Mr Prime Minister, you have recently said that Pakistan has no guts to fight a conventional warfare with India, so it is fighting us through a proxy war in Kashmir. You began your day in the PMO by shaking hands with Nawaz Sharif. Do you blame civilian government of Sharif for the proxy war? What if Sharif is removed from office by a military coup? Will you legitimise the military dictatorship and enter into dialogue? Because Pakistan military controls civilian government over any adventure or misadventures with India. What is your message to the people of Pakistan? Do you see people and power holder of Islamabad differently?
Frank Huzur, author and biographer of Pakistan cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan (London)
2. The Sachar Committee that looked into the socio-economic condition of Muslims in the country found out that they are worse off than the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. What do you plan to do for them to ensure that there condition is not as bad as the Sachar Committee reported to be?
Imran Zahid, actor who played Anupam Kher’s role in a play based on Mahesh Bhatt's film Daddy (Mumbai)
3. Are there any steps the government is taking to help a person like me to vote (someone who is always on wheels and not present at the parliamentary constituency)? In other countries they have this system where they can send their votes through mails even if they are outside the country.
Ritesh, Coordinator - planning and integration, 24th Men's Handball World Championship, Qatar 2015 (Qatar)
4. Experts say Modi has a pan-India vision for development and security, including the northeast region. What about the policy of liberal central financial assistance to the seven states in the northeast, which are facing problems of law and order, lack of political will, bureaucracy's visionary approach, lack of responsibility in the political circle, gross mismanagement and siphoning of government funds, etc. How do you intend to see that this time work really gets done during your tenure as PM?
Anku Bora, businessman (Guwahati)
5. 308 communal incidents were reported in the country in the first six months of this year of which 56 have taken place in Uttar Pradesh. How will you help stop the communal riots across the country?
Major Diwakar Singh, Indian Army (Hyderabad)
6. During his rallies, he had promised about safety of women in the country. What steps has he taken to provide safety for us? The foregone cases are still pending, culprits are roaming free and women are not safe yet. A country where its citizens are not safe cannot develop or emerge in a better state.
Pooja Mishra, Chartered Accountant student (Mirzapur)
7. What steps have you taken to control food inflation as we haven't read anything in newspapers in the last 70 days?
Mohnish, Radio Jockey (Jharkhand)
8. During the Lok Sabha election rallies, you promised to remove Article 370. What steps have you taken till date or have you dropped the idea due to political resistance?
Ashutosh Sinha, company secretary executive (New Delhi)
9. Are you seriously going to ban cow slaughter in the country?
Bharti Ojha, event manager (Jharkhand)
10. When do you think will India come at par with China, as far as defence capabilities are concerned?
Nalin Singh, film-maker (New Delhi)