Sixteen school girls were taken ill on Monday due to food poisoning at the Mohan Lal Shah Bal Vidya Mandir here, police said.
The students, all hostellers, went to the playground after breakfast at the hostel mess. There they started vomiting and complained of stomach ache and were rushed to a nearby medical facility, an official told IANS.
The hostel management said a probe has been ordered into whether the students fell ill due to food poisoning.
They were served normal potato stuffed paranthas for breakfast, the management official added.
The condition of all the girls is serious but they are out of danger, a district official said.