200 students fall sick after taking noon meal | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 30, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

200 students fall sick after taking noon meal

In a case of food poisoning, more than 200 students of a private college near Madurai fell sick after taking noon meal contaminated by a dead lizard.

india Updated: Mar 21, 2010 21:48 IST

In a case of food poisoning, more than 200 students of a private college near Madurai fell sick after taking noon meal contaminated by a dead lizard.

Officials said the students had complained of dizziness and vomiting soon after taking the lunch at college hostel.

"A dead lizard in butter milk caused the food poison", an official of the college located at Perungudi said.

While 100 students had been admitted to hospitals others were treated as outpatients.

All the students were recovering, officials said.

Is Your Couch Making You Cough?
Promotional Feature