22-year-old woman allegedly 'gang raped' | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 17, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

22-year-old woman allegedly 'gang raped'

india Updated: Oct 26, 2010 23:57 IST
Prabhu Razdan
Prabhu Razdan
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A 22-year-old married woman suffered fracture in her foot after she jumped from the running auto-rickshaw and was later allegedly gang raped inside the same auto-rickshaw at a secluded area in Ballabgarh about seven kilometres from here on Saturday night.

The incident took place when Babita (name changed) was on her way to attend her father who was admitted in a hospital in Sector 7.

The woman, a resident of Dayalnagar in Faridabad, boarded an auto-rickshaw near Budiya nallah crossing for Sector 7 in the evening. As the auto reached Ballabgarh, she told the driver that she had to go to Sector 7 and the driver assured her that she would be dropped there, the police said.

"On the basis of the woman's statement, after dropping the passengers in Ballabgarh, two strangers boarded the auto and the driver recklessly drove to some secluded area," said investigation officer Charanjee Lal.

"As the woman smelled a rat, she jumped off the running auto and her foot came under the tyre," SHO Ballabgarh City Narinder Singh said, adding, "the woman during the course of preliminary investigation, revealed that the three persons bundled her into the auto and raped her till she got unconscious."

She was later thrown outside the government hospital in Ballabgarh late in the night in an unconscious condition, the police said.

"She was subsequently admitted in the same hospital after some passersby informed the hospital about the woman," police said.

A case of gang rape has been registered with the Ballabgarh City police station since the incident took place in Sector 7 and the hospital is also in Ballabgarh where the woman was found, said Singh.

Surprisingly, when the police asked the woman to prepare for the medical examination, she refused. "We fail to understand why she is refusing to go through the medical examination," Singh said, adding, "the investigation is on and a massive hunt has been launched to nab the culprits."