Three persons died and thirty others taken ill due to gastroenteritis at Bhanja village in Sundargarh district in the last three days, an official said on Friday.
A medical team was despatched to the affected village and door-to-door medical check-up was being conducted, besides sanitising the village wells and drains.
It was detected that the disease spread in the village due to using of contaminated water from the nearby nullah and village well.
The affected people were undergoing treatment in different hospitals and community health centres and their condition was out of danger.
Precautionary measures are being taken to contain the spread of the disease, the sources said.