3 students die after eating poisonous food in Bihar | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 26, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

3 students die after eating poisonous food in Bihar

Three students died and two others fell unconscious after consuming "poisonous" food offered to them by a woman here.

india Updated: May 15, 2010 13:15 IST

Three students died and two others fell unconscious after consuming "poisonous" food offered to them by a woman here, police said today.

"The incident took place at Bana village in Patarghat area yesterday when the students, all below 12 years of age, while returning to their home consumed some eatables offered to them by a woman unknown to them," sub-divisional police officer Kamlakant Prasad said.

"Three of them died, while two -- both girls, fell unconscious after eating the poisonous food," he said.

The girls are undergoing treatment at a hospital in Madhepura, he said, adding that search is on to nab the woman and to ascertain the reason for her action.