As many as 31 students were taken ill after taking mid-day meal at a residential school in Odisha's Sundargarh district, official sources said.
"The incident occurred at Chikatimati School in Lathikata block when the students in the age group of 7-12 years took the meal on Saturday and showed symptoms of vomiting," block development officer (BDO) of Lathikata block said.
They were admitted at the government hospital at Rourkela, about 35 km from the school where the condition of the three were stated to be serious, he said.
Deputy chief medical officer, Subash Kabi, however, said that the condition of almost all the children were improving and it was a case of suspected food-poisoning.
Meanwhile, a medical team had visited the school kitchen to ascertain about the sanitary measures, SC Patel, chief district medical officer (CDMO) said.