At least 38 children were taken ill after consuming ice cream in Mira Sarai village of Badaun district, police said on Saturday.
The children, who had bought the ice cream from a vendor on Friday complained of vomiting and diarrhea following which a medical team was sent to the village, Chief Medical Officer Dr P K Jain said. They are being treated for food poisoning, Jain said.
Following the incident, District Magistrate Amit Gupta said that raids will be soon carried out at ice cream factories.
Similar incidents of food poisoning because of eating ice cream were reported earlier in the district.