Last year's finalists Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) have had very contrasting seasons so far.
KKR go into Saturday's game at their fortress, the Eden Gardens, one point off from the top of the table. The Kings XI are sitting at the bottom of the table despite have a squad featuring the likes of Glenn Maxwell, David Miller and Mitchell Johnson.
Kolkata have won three back to back games at Eden and one more will take them to the top of the table with 15 points and move them one step closer to a place in the playoffs. Punjab on the other have no hope of qualifying to the next round and are only playing for pride.
The second game of the day features Delhi Daredevils (DD) taking on Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in Raipur.
SRH might be sixth in the table but are starting to click as a unit. On the other hand, the Daredevils have been horribly inconsistent, even though they still have a mathematical chance to qualify for the playoffs.
Five things to look out for
1. KKR's Sunil Narine has been cleared to bowl after extensive testing of his action, though if he's called for chucking again he'll be banned from playing in the IPL for good. It will be interesting to see if the Caribbean tweaker can bring anything to the table with his corrected action.
2. Punjab's Australian speedster Mitchell Johnson has been clobbered all over the park, conceding 9.37 runs an over and taking just 9 wickets so far. If his form continues in this match, KXIP have an extremely tough job on their hands.
3. Brad Hogg has been a revelation for KKR in this season. The veteran spinner, at 44, has picked up 9 wickets in just 5 matches. Hogg is likely to be a handful at Eden Gardens once again.
4. Yuvraj Singh has been inconsistent with the bat for Delhi in this season's IPL but everyone knows how he can change a game single-handedly. Will he be able to fire for his team in Raipur?
5. Hyderabad's Eoin Morgan hit a superb 63 in the last match and is a major cog in the team's batting line-up. After Shikhar Dhawan and David Warner at the top of the order, a lot of responsibility rests on Morgan's shoulders.