The executive committee of All-India Muslim Personal Board (AIMLB) on Sunday expressed concern over the Mulayam Singh Yadav Government's failure in issuing fresh notification in the Babri Masjid demolition case.
The board, at its meeting in Delhi, has also decided to write to the Congress-led UPA government not to accept the UP government proposal regarding removal of houses of Muslims living around the disputed area in Ayodhya.
on the phone senior member Zafaryab Jilani, who presented the report on Babri Masjid, said the chief minister had expressed difficulties to AIMPLB Chairman Rabey Hasani Nadvi in issuing a fresh notification. Jilani said the board had later sought time from the chief minister to explain that there was no legal problem in the matter but "the time was not given", Jilani commented. The board has now decided to take up the issue after the formation of the new government in UP. As regards amendment in UP Zamindari Abolition Act to provide inheritance rights to the Muslim wife and daughter, Jilani said the chief minister had assured Nadvi to the incorporate changes. Jilani said the chief minister had even told the board chief that the concerned minister Ambika Chaudhury had been asked to look into the matter. "But there was no progress," Jilani said.
Jilani said since the UP government had so far not withdrawn its security proposal, which envisaged removal of Muslims from the vicinity of disputed sites in Ayodhya, the board had now decided to approach the centre to reject the proposal. He said the board would write a letter to the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh. Another member and naib Imam Eidgah Maulana Khalid Rashid said the board had reiterated its resolve to strongly oppose the formation of Central Madrasa Board to regulate madrasas all over the country. He said Jamiat-Ulema Hind, Darul Uloom Deoband and AIMPLB had already written to the Centre opposing its formation. Rashid said while reviewing in Darul Qaza (Shariat court) case pending in the Supreme Court the board noted that UP, West Bengal, Haryana and Maharashtra had so far not filed their affidavit in the case. The Centre has already submitted an affidavit supporting functioning of the shariat courts in the country.