Kunal Kishore Singh (20), a B Tech Ist year student of Amity University here, ended his life by setting himself on fire at his rented room in Gomti Nagar on Thursday night. No suicide note was recovered from the room.
Kunal had taken admission only recently and was pursuing his first semester presently. A native of Gorakhpur, Kunal’s father OP Singh is an engineer in Deoria Jal Nigam.
The incident came to light when Kunal’s roommates Nirankar and Arun returned home and saw smoke coming out of their room at Vibhor Khand. As they found the door bolted from inside, they called the locals for help. A badly burnt Kunal was rushed him to the KGMU Trauma Centre where he died later. A kerosene container was recovered from the room. Nirankar and Arun said Kunal was depressed for past several days but he never discussed with them as to what was bothering him.