Applications for handloom technology course invited | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 19, 2018-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Applications for handloom technology course invited

APPLICATIONS HAVE been invited for admission to the first year of the three-year diploma course in handloom technology of the Indian Handloom Technology Institute, Jodhpur.

india Updated: May 10, 2006 14:15 IST

APPLICATIONS HAVE been invited for admission to the first year of the three-year diploma course in handloom technology of the Indian Handloom Technology Institute, Jodhpur.

For admission to this course commencing from July 1, 2006 nine seats are reserved for students of Madhya Pradesh. Candidates from traditional weavers’ families or those engaged in the weaving profession will be given priority in admission to this course.

Applications for admission to this course will be accepted by May 22, 2006 at the address of Commissioner, Handlooms and Handicrafts, 2nd Floor, MP Board of Secondary Education premises, Shivaji Nagar, Bhopal-462016.

The age limit for three years diploma in handloom technology for candidates of general category is 15 to 21 years and for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes the age limit is 15 to 23 years.

The candidate should have obtained 45 per cent marks in the total including English as one subject in the 10th or equivalent examination along with 50 per cent marks in science and mathematics subjects. This is compulsory.

Candidates who have passed Class XII examinations with science as one subject will be given five per cent weightage in their total marks. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates will be given 5 per cent concessions in their educational standard i.e. they should have obtained 40 per cent marks in the total and they should have passed 10th class examination with 45 per cent marks in science and mathematics subjects.

The medium of training and examination for the three-year diploma course in handloom technology will be English. The students admitted will be paid a monthly scholarship of Rs 400 for the first year, Rs 450 for the second year and Rs 500 for the third year.