After a string of flops, NTR Junior returns to stardom with Ashok which tops this fortnight's list of Telugu films.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. Ashok - Young director Surender Reddy impresses with Ashok. The film, which has NTR Junior in the main lead, has had a terrific opening across Andhra Pradesh.
2. Pokiri - Mahesh Babu's hit holds on despite stiff competition and has grossed Rs 400 million at the box office. Director Puri Jagannath makes a comeback with a history-making blockbuster in the annals of Telugu cinema.
3. Vikramarkudu - Ravi Teja proves his appeal yet again, but director SS Rajamouli could have picked up a better plot. Ravi's pranks and the fast-paced narrative, however, make the film a winner.
4. Pandem Kodi - Vishal and Meera Jasmine have won the hearts of audiences. Action sequences add a fillip to the proceedings.
5. Nandanavanam 120 kms - This film is included in the list not for its collections, but for its aesthetic value. The unique plot and gripping screenplay mark the comeback of national award-winning filmmaker Neelakanta.