Pakistan on Monday asked the global community to urge India to resume the subcontinental dialogue, snapped by the Mumbai terror attack that New Delhi has blamed on elements operating from this country.
Briefing foreign envoys about the progress on Pakistan's probe into the November 26-29 carnage, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said this was "moving forward according to specific strategy and we will try to satisfy India about these investigations".
He also said that while Pakistan wanted peace, it would retaliate if war was imposed, The News reported on its website.
Rehman Malik, the advisor to the prime minister on interior affairs, briefed the envoys on the measures Pakistan had taken against outfits banned by the UN.
India has blamed the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror group for the Mumbai mayhem that claimed over 170 lives, including those of 26 foreigners, and injured over 300.
Pakistan had banned the LeT following the Dec 13, 2001 attack on the Indian parliament that New Delhi also blamed on the outfit. The organisation, however, has morphed itself into the Jamaat-ud Dawa that claims it is a charity.
The UN Security Council last month proscribed the Jamaat-ud Dawa after India and the US furnished evidence that it was a front for the LeT.
India has furnished to Pakistan a detailed dossier on the Mumbai strike pointing to the involvement of Pakistani nationals in the attacks.
A three-member panel headed by Javed Iqbal, additional director general of the Federal Investigation Agency is currently examining this dossier.
Islamabad has also admitted to Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist captured during the Mumbai attacks being a Pakistani national.