Assam Emporium catches fire, one injured | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Assam Emporium catches fire, one injured

india Updated: Dec 11, 2009 00:35 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A man suffered minor injuries when a fire broke out in Assam Emporium at Connaught Place on Thursday morning. The emporium is located near Hanuman Mandir on Baba Kharak Singh Marg. Fire officials said the fire started around 11:05 p.m.

“We believe that a short circuit is the reason behind the fire. A few articles caught fire which then spread to the whole place,” said a fire official on the condition of anonymity, as he is not authorised to speak to the media. The official added that 24 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire. The fire was finally controlled around 1:00 p.m.

During the rescue operations, the team found a person lying unconscious in the fourth floor of the emporium. He was taken to RML Hospital.