At least 50 students of a government school were admitted to a hospital in Kasargod on Monday due to suspected food poisoning, police said.
Around 50 students, including 10 girls of the Government Higher Secondary School were rushed to the General Hospital when they started vomitting after consuming food from a place of worship.
The students, who joined classes today said, they had taken the food from a place of worship close to their school at nearby Cherkala, on Sunday. A few of them had also brought the food packets home and took it in the night.
However, their condition was stated to be "stable".
Kerala Health Minister P K Sreemathi has instructed health officials to provide the best medical treatment to the students.