Nearly four months after seven powerful bombs exploded in local trains in Mumbai killing about 187 people, the Anti-Terrorist Squad of Maharashtra Police is set to file a chargesheet in the case on Thursday, a top official said on Wednesday.
"We will most likely be filing the charge sheet tomorrow," Additional Commissioner of the ATS Param Bir Singh said.
On September 30, the police had claimed to have cracked the case, and said that the blasts were masterminded by Pakistani intelligence agency ISI and executed by the Lashkar-e-Taiba and banned SIMI activists.
The ATS has so far arrested 13 people in connection with the July 11 blasts and has booked all of them under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
The suspects are Kamal Ansari, Tanvir Ansari, Faisal Shaikh, Ehtesham Siddiqui, Mohammed Shafi, Shaikh Mohammed Ali, Mohammed Ansari, Abdul Wahid Shaikh, Muzammil Shaikh, Soheil Shaikh, Zamir Shaikh, Naved Khan and Asif Khan alias Junaid.
More than 15 suspects are still wanted in the case, including nine Pakistani nationals.
Many of these suspects are allegedly based in countries like the UK, Nepal and Saudi Arabia, ATS sources said.