Babbar demands CBI probe in Noida killings
He says Govt should give Rs 50 lakh to each victim?s family instead of Rs 2 lakh, reports Sutirtho Patranobis.india Updated: Jan 02, 2007 18:35 IST
Actor turned politician Raj Babbar on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the Noida serial killings and said that the State government should give Rs 50 lakh to each victim’s family instead of the paltry Rs 2 lakh promised on Monday.
Babbar, Lok Sabha MP with former Prime Minister VP Singh’s Jan Morcha, claimed the killings smack of a bigger conspiracy involving a nexus between police, politicians and contractors beside the two suspects, businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help, Surinder.
Babbar’s Jan Morcha has a stake in the assembly election in UP slated for next year.
"The fact that children were being kidnapped and murdered for the last two years gives hints that a organ trading racket was behind the killings," Babbar said. Though he did not substantiate his claim, Babbar said that he was aware that Pandher was close to top bureaucrats and IPS officers who frequented his house.
Babbar claimed that he had raised the issue of Nithari’s – where the children were murdered – missing children at least three times in public meetings last year. "For example, at a public meeting in Lucknow on September 21, I mentioned about the 24 children missing from the village of Nithari. Soon after that parents started meeting the police but nothing. It means kidnapping has been accepted as a way of life in Uttar Pradesh. And now, I have information that the number of missing children has gone up from 24 to 40," Babbar said.
He added that the very fact that the killings were taking place "under Delhi’s nose where the president and the prime minister stay and which is frequented by the UP chief minister says a lot about the law and orders situation."
Babbar said that he wanted to know why Congress president Sonia Gandhi, UP Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav and BJP chief Rajnath Singh could not find time to visit the victims’ families. "I have not been able to go myself because I am feeling so ashamed that even after I raised the issue, nothing was done," he said.
Babbar said that he is appealing to the people to give him information about their missing wards in the next month. "Once I collect the data, I will go to the court. I will also meet the president and the prime minister along with the victims; families," he said.