Balangir: 1 dies, 27 sick after eating mushroom | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 28, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Balangir: 1 dies, 27 sick after eating mushroom

The affected persons were admitted into the Mahimunda Public Health Centre (PHC), sources said.

india Updated: Sep 18, 2006 12:05 IST

A 10-year-old boy died and 27 others were taken ill after reportedly having poisonous mushroom at Purunapalli village under Mahimunda Gram Panchayat in Balangir district on Sunday, official sources said in Balangir on Monday.

The affected persons were admitted into the Mahimunda Public Health Centre (PHC), sources said.

While one of them had been shifted to the district headquarters hospital at Balangir, two others are undergoing treatment in the PHC and their condition is stable, Dr Sarada Prasad Mishra, Chief District Medical Officer told.

The other affected persons were discharged after being treated at the PHC.

A medical team also went to the village after getting information about the poisoning.