Bangalore police announce reward for blast info
A day after the Bangalore blast that took place very close to BJP state headquarters, Bangalore police seemed to be clueless over the perpetrators of the crime and announced Rs 5 lakh reward to whoever provide credible information about the culprits.india Updated: Apr 18, 2013 16:06 IST
A day after the Bangalore blast that took place very close to BJP state headquarters, Bangalore police seemed to be clueless over the perpetrators of the crime and announced Rs 5 lakh reward to whoever provide credible information about the culprits.
Karnataka Director General of Police Lalrukhuma Pachav told reporters on Thursday that investigation into the blast case was going on 'hectically' and three to four police parties have been formed to zero in on those responsible for the terror act.
'The state government has announced Rs 5 lakh as reward for whoever provide us credible and reliable information that may lead to the arrest of the culprits,' the DGP said. To a question, he said the blast incident was 'likely' to be a terror act and a full investigation will bring out the facts.
Commissioner of Police Raghavendra Auradkar, who was present at the press conference, confirmed that ammonium nitrate was used to prepare the explosive. Mr Auradkar said police had taken statements from people who were live in the vicinity of the blast spot but no arrests have been made so far.
Meanwhile, experts from Internal Security Department (ISD), National Investigation Agency (NIA), National Security Guards (NSG) and officials from National Forensic Laboratories in Hyderabad continued to gather possible clues with the help of the city police.
Karnataka chief minister Jagadish Shettar has called for a report from the police over the incident. He also announced a compensation of Rs one lakh to seriously injured and Rs 50,000 to those who sustained minor injuries.
Mr Pachau said police had not prepared the sketches of culprits yet but had got some CCTV footage which were being thoroughly scanned.
"We have documented all information about the terror acts in the state so far and we will refer to them accordingly," he said when asked whether police would question those who are already arrested in previous terror acts in the State who are now in jail.
On the security for coming elections, he said there will be an elaborate security set up in place for the May 5 Assembly elections.
"The security plan is being prepared and it will be implemented as per the plans and schemes of the security agencies," he said.
Mr Auradkar said the investigating team of the city police had gathered some evidences from the spot after the blast and this included coins, twine threads, toothpaste and other material.
He, however, said the police were yet to find out the real owner of the motorcycle on which bomb was strapped. Preliminary investigation had disclosed that the blast was due to a bomb kept in the two wheeler - TVS Suzuki Max 100, he said.
Sources had said the two wheeler was earlier owned by an employee of public telecom company in Chennai and he had sold it four years ago.
Mr Auradkar said security had been beefed up at all vital installations, important buildings such as Raj Bhavan, High Court, Vidhana Soudha, sports stadiums, International airport, Railway stations, metro stations, tech parks, foreign consulate offices, research centres, temples, churches, mosques and other religious places.
Sashastra Seema Bal security men have been deployed at political party offices in the city.