Barclays partners with Mango to aid NGOs | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 19, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Barclays partners with Mango to aid NGOs

Barclays Global Retail and Commercial Bank (GRCB) said on Thursday that it is partnering with Mango to provide financial management training courses for NGO staff and Board members working in developmental and humanitarian aid globally.

india Updated: Jul 09, 2009 14:56 IST

Barclays Global Retail and Commercial Bank (GRCB) said on Thursday that it is partnering with Mango to provide financial management training courses for NGO staff and Board members working in developmental and humanitarian aid globally.

Mango is a UK-registered charity and the partnership is across Barclays GRCB's emerging market entities, a press release issued in Mumbai said.

Barclays GRCB donated 95 per cent of the training programmes fee for each participating NGO in India and the remaining 5 per cent was provided by the NGO to show their commitment to the programme, the release said.

In Mumbai, through this partnership, 15 people from nine different NGOs participated in the training sessions, learning from a Mango instructor about the intricacies of financial management for NGOs.

The nine NGOs that participated were Akanksha Foundation, Bal Asha Trust, Childlink India Foundation, The Committed Communities Development Trust, Doorstep School, In Defence of Animals, Pratham Infotech Foundation, Pratham Mumbai Educational Initiative and The Research Society.