The battery installed in one of the coaches of the Nainpur-Chhindwara narrow guage train on Friday caught fire, which was immediately doused by the railway staff with the help of passengers.
The train was on its way to Chhindwara from Nainpur. When it reached near Bhoma village, fire was noticed in from a battery of a bogie located next to the guard's coach, following which, the guard asked the loco pilot to stop the train immediately.
The passengers and the train staff managed to douse the flames and prevented any untoward incident.
Seoni Station Master SK Agrawal told reporters that fire could have taken place due to a short-circuit and added that after replacing the faulty battery at Seoni, the train resumed its journey.