BlackBerry phone ‘bursts into flames’ and burns UK boy | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 24, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

BlackBerry phone ‘bursts into flames’ and burns UK boy

india Updated: Dec 06, 2012 00:46 IST
Highlight Story

An 11-year-old boy in the UK has suffered serious burns after a BlackBerry smartphone appeared to burst into flames and set fire to his bed.

Kian McCreath, 11, fled from his bedroom screaming “my bed is on fire” after flames engulfed him in the middle of the night, last weekend.

His mother Sarah, 39, awoke to her son’s screams after the new BlackBerry device, bought as a gift for his brother, Mason, malfunctioned and spontaneously combusted, the Telegraph reports.

According to the paper, the family is now demanding the popular BlackBerry Curve 9320 mobile is recalled from shops in time for Christmas. Meanwhile, Research in Motion (RIM), the manufacturers behind BlackBerry, confirmed that an internal probe had been started. ANI