Blasts case: Family members not allowed meeting accused | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 23, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Blasts case: Family members not allowed meeting accused

A Delhi court on Friday refused to allow family members of an accused in the September 13 serial blasts to meet him in police custody.

india Updated: Oct 10, 2008 19:22 IST

A Delhi court on Friday refused to allow family members of an accused in the September 13 serial blasts to meet him in police custody.

After the in-chamber hearing, counsel for accused Saquib Nissar said Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjeev Jain noted that the family members of the accused had earlier been allowed to meet him so there was no need for further direction in this regard.

Vikas Padora, who represented Saquib Nissar in the hearing, said the court asked the police to provide the counsel contents of the FIRs lodged in the blasts case.

Investigating officer Assistant Commissioner of Police Sanjeev Yadav appeared before the judge following a notice issued to him on October six on applications alleging that family members of the accused were not being allowed to meet Nissar to provide him legal assistance.

The court also found no substance in the allegation that the counsel was not allowed to obtain signature of Nissar noting that the legal documents had already been signed by the accused.

Nissar was arrested along with Zia-ur-Rehman and Mohd Shakeel on September 20, a day after the Batla House encounters in which two suspected terrorists and Inspector M C Sharma were killed.

Nissar had remained in police custody till October four for his alleged hand in two blasts in Greater Kailash-I.

He was again remanded to 12 days' police custody after he was formally arrested in a case related to the blast in Gaffar Market.