Bodos behind blasts, says Assam | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 23, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Bodos behind blasts, says Assam

The Assam Govt confirmed that some cadres of National Democratic Front of Boroland were behind the serial blast in Guwahati and three other towns of Lower Assam on October 30, reports Digambar Patowary.

india Updated: Nov 11, 2008 23:49 IST
Digambar Patowary

The Assam government on Tuesday confirmed that some cadres of National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) were behind the serial blast in Guwahati and three other towns of Lower Assam on October 30.

A government press release, said the main culprit who had perpetrated the serial blast was identified and all efforts are being made to nab him. “There has been significant progress with respect to serial blast probe. Involvement of some active members of NDFB has come to the light during the course of investigation by SIT,” the release said.

Designated camps of NDFB in four districts of Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District were cordoned off by security forces on Monday. NDFB’s designated camp at Borbori in Baska district where also cordoned off.

NDFB cadres resisted when security force wanted to search the camps. The Assam government was in touch with the NDFB leaderships to allow search operations inside the camp as the prime suspects of blasts was suspected to be hiding in the camp.

There were 165-armed cadres inside the Borbori designated camps in Baska district.

The release also accused ULFA of providing logistics to NDFB cadres. “The involvement of ULFA in the conspiracy in carrying out serial blast has come to the fore during the investigation,” stated the release.

Probable involvement of other agencies and organizations was also under the scanner. So far eight people have been arrested in connection with serial blast on October 30.