Boy’s parents say Gurgaon cops not registering FIR | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 27, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Boy’s parents say Gurgaon cops not registering FIR

india Updated: May 14, 2011 23:25 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Richmond Park

In a shocking incident, an eight-year-old boy was kidnapped from the lawns of Richmond Park in DLF City (Phase 4), a posh locality, which boasts of round-the-clock security, four days ago.

Nishant (name changed), however, managed to free himself from the clutches of the kidnapper and got back home with the help of a youth within a few hours.

He is a student of Class 3 in a reputed Gurgaon school.

What is even more surprising is the ‘indifferent’ attitude of the police department which is yet to register an FIR in the case, four days after the incident.

Too ‘busy’ with preparations for the municipal elections, the police have not filed a case yet despite repeated requests from parents of the boy and claim investigations are still on.

The incident took place around 7.45pm on Wednesday when Nishant was playing cricket in the complex.

“As Nishant was fielding along the hedges, a six-foot tall man appeared from nowhere, gagged him, picked him up and ran towards the basement. Here, he slipped and fell on the concrete floor along with my son. The kidnapper, who was well conversant with the topography of the condominium, sneaked into the second-level basement from where he managed to get to the ground floor through desolate patches,” said the mother of the boy, wishing not to be identified.

The accused finally scaled a high boundary wall to get out of the colony, she added.

Nishant’s mother said her son kept shouting and struggled to free himself but failed. At a deserted parking lot, he kicked the abductor in the stomach and freed himself.

“My son hid in the bushes. The kidnapper tried to look for him but gave up hope after a while. Nishant then ran for his life and reached Chakarpur village. Here, he met a youth who made him call me from a public telephone booth,”
she added.

The next day, the boy’s parents approached the Sushant Lok police to file an FIR but they allegedly refused as they were busy with election duty.

“It was only on Saturday that police agreed to accept the complaint. However, they are still to file an FIR,” she said.

Amarjeet Singh, SHO of Sushant Lok police station, said his team had initiated investigation in the case and would register an FIR after investigation was over.