Brussels attack: Jet flight carrying stranded Indians lands in Delhi | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 28, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Brussels attack: Jet flight carrying stranded Indians lands in Delhi

india Updated: Mar 25, 2016 08:58 IST
Jet Airways

Jet airways flight 9w1229 from Amsterdam to Delhi carrying passengers stuck at Brussels airport arrived in Delhi

A Jet Airways aircraft carrying 242 persons including 28 crew members, who were stranded in Belgian capital Brussels following the deadly terror attack on airport and metro station, arrived in New Delhi from Amsterdam on Friday morning.

Stranded passengers reunited with their families at the Indira Gandhi Airport (ANI)

The flight landed at the Indira Gandhi airport at around 5:30 am. The flight had 214 passengers and 28 crew members, the Jet Airways spokesperson said.


“We were stuck there as there were no flights. I’m extremely happy to be here, have come back after 3 days,” Atul, one of the stranded passengers told ANI upon arrival at Delhi airport.

Jet Airways flight 9w1229 from Amsterdam to Delhi and then onwards to Mumbai had departed from Amsterdam at 1654 hours local time on Thursday after the airline combined its Mumbai flight with it.

The airline had announced to fly three flights, one each to Mumbai, Delhi and Toronto from Amsterdam to fly its passengers, who were stuck in Brussels due to the deadly terror attack on the airport and metro station in the Belgian capital on Tuesday.

However, the airline cancelled Mumbai flight due to a snag in the aircraft and combined it with Delhi flight.

Two Jet Airways crew members were injured in the blasts at Brussels airport on Tuesday as airline authorities said they relocated passengers to a safe location.

Mumbai residents Nidhi Chaphekar from Andheri and Amit Motwani from Bandra suffered injuries. According to airline sources, Chaphekar suffered multiple injuries and Motwani received injuries to his eyes.

A string of explosions ripped through Brussels airport and a city metro station, killing more than 20 people in apparently co-ordinated strikes that came days after the prime suspect in the November Paris attacks was arrested in the city.