BSF jawan dies of electrocution on border | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 20, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

BSF jawan dies of electrocution on border

india Updated: Jul 13, 2006 12:20 IST
Highlight Story

A BSF jawan died of electrocution on Thursday when he touched a live wire that is part of the three- tier fencing along the Indo-Pak border in RS Pura belt of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.

The incident occurred in early morning, when Rajesh Hanumant of 129 battalion, was on duty at the border post of Bakerpur, sources said.

On electrocution, he shouted for help, but died before his colleagues reached the spot, they added.

tags

<