A Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) bus caught fire near Beed on Friday. None of the passengers were injured. The Beed-bound bus from Latur suddenly caught fire in the Barshi Naka area.
The blaze was noticed only after the vehicle had travelled a few kilometers by a passenger, who then informed the driver. All the passengers managed to alight safely. Exact cause of the fire was not immediately known, but a short circuit is believed to have started the blaze.
MSRTC officials were not available for comment.