Buyers to move court against builder for stalling project
At least 150 buyers of a proposed residential project in Powai have decided to move the Bombay High Court against the builder, who had allegedly stalled the construction in 2004, reports Rachna Pratihar.india Updated: Jan 20, 2009 01:26 IST
At least 150 buyers of a proposed residential project in Powai have decided to move the Bombay High Court against the builder, who had allegedly stalled the construction in 2004.
Since then, the builder of Prathmesh Galaxy allegedly did not inform the buyers about the future of the project and did not allegedly return the money paid by them.
On Sunday, a group of about 50 henchmen allegedly sent by the builder barged into a meeting held by Prathmesh Galaxy Members Welfare Association — a body formed by buyers in 2008 — and threatened them, said the Powai police.
“We registered a non-cognizable offence and picked up 30 men. We provided security at the site,” said Inspector Tatyasaheb Bansode.
Booking for the complex began in 2001. However, after six floors were constructed, the construction of the complex — expected to house 150 shops and 350 flats — was discontinued. Most buyers are senior citizens.
The buyers said they approached the developer a number of times, however he was not available.
Mangesh Sawant, developer of Prathmesh Galaxy, said: “We are interested in developing the property, but construction was discontinued following a dispute over ownership. A week ago, the court ruled in our favour and asked us to file an appeal in three weeks. Following that, we will resume the construction.”